Easiest Banana Bread Ever!
I know the title of this entry sounds too easy to be true, but honestly this is the easiest and most delicious recipe I’ve ever made for banana bread. Originally I made this recipe in one regular size loaf pan with 2 bananas, chopped walnuts and chocolate chips. I felt like I waited an eternity (45 minutes) for it to bake and quickly realized I needed to make some adjustments.
My next version left off the chocolate chips (who needs more calories) and instead of one large loaf pan, I lessened the baking time by baking it in a 12 cup muffin pan. It only took 25 minutes to bake but 12 muffins ended up being too many muffins for just two people.
My favorite version is to bake this delicious treat in mini loaf pans. I love the fact the mini loaf pans only took 25 minutes to bake, were easier to clean up than the 12 muffin pan and they are the perfect size for a “little snack” at work or school. At this point, I tend to leave off the chopped walnuts and chocolate chips but I suggest trying all different versions!
Enjoy your warm banana bread with some cold vanilla ice cream this summer… yum!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 ripe bananas
- ½ stick of melted butter
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts and/or chocolate chips (optional)
- In a medium sized bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until combined. At this time melt the butter on a low flame until it is almost completely melted. Add the butter to the egg and sugar mixture. Stir in the flour and baking soda to the mixture. Once the mixture is completely combined, add the peeled bananas and mash in to the mixture using a pastry blender or a fork.
- Once the mixture is ready, prepare your mini loaf pans using parchment paper or a very light spray of baking spray.
- Pour mixture evenly into each loaf pan, filling them about half way.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
These are the mini loaf pans, silicone cupcake holders and pastry blender I bake the banana bread in: