This time of year is perfect for baking some delicious zucchini chips. The zucchini featured on the homepage is growing right now in my garden =) In another day or two, I will slice, bread and bake this zucchini into an amazingly delicious treat. Zucchini chips are a perfect healthy snack for kids or a great side dish for meat and seafood. I’ve also paired them at lunch time with my Florentine White Bean Soup… Yum!
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 cups plain bread crumbs
- ½ cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash the zucchini and cut off the ends.
- Peel the zucchini in strips, leaving some of the skin.
- Cut the zucchini into thin round slices, about ¼ inch thick.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl or baking dish, beat the 2 eggs.
- Add the milk, cheese and parsley to the eggs and combine.
- Pour the bread crumbs in another bowl.
- Dip the zucchini slices in the egg mixture, then the bread crumbs and place on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Once you have breaded all of the zucchini slices, drizzle lightly with olive oil and bake.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes and then flip them and bake for another 5 minutes (or until crispy).
To make the zucchini chips, I use my favorite peeler, grater and all purpose cookie sheets below: